Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management in Mediterranean countries
Conference Dates: Oct 15-17 2014
OBJECTIVE AND TOPICS
The aim of ISCRAM-Med is to bring together researchers and practitioners working in the area of Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management and especially on Mediterranean crisis. Indeed, many crises have occurred in recent years around the Mediterranean Sea. For instance, we can mention political crisis such as Arabic Spring (Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, …), economic crisis in Spain and Greece, earthquake in Italy, fires in France and Spain, riots in French suburbs or even the explosion of chemical plant AZF in Toulouse. Some of them even had a domino effect on others.
Also, the shared history between the Mediterranean countries and common geo-political issues led to solidarity among peoples and cross-country military interventions. This observation demonstrates the importance of considering some of these crises in this region at a Mediterranean level rather than as isolated phenomena.
- April 30, 2014: Due date for papers submission
- May 30, 2014: Final acceptance
- June 30, 2014: Camera-ready paper due
- Conference: 15th to the 17th October 2014.
- Chihab Hanachi (general chair)
- Frederic Benaben (program chair)
- François Charoy (program co-chair)