All members of the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR CRISIS RESPONSE AND MANAGEMENT (ISCRAM) are invited to attend the 2010 ISCRAM General Assembly Meeting:
Date: Tuesday, May 4th 2010 at 17:00
Location: at the ISCRAM2010 Conference Venue, Crown Plaza Hotel, 1113 Sixth Avenue Seattle, Washington 98101 USA.
AGENDA OF THE MEETING:
1. Presentation of the present Board of Directors
2. Acceptance of membership, for members proposed by the board of directors
3. Approval of the yearly accounting report and the budget proposal ( click here for the financial report)
4. Approval of the work plan of the board of directors ( click here for the work plan)
5. Granting of discharge for the current members of the board of directors
6. Election of new members of the board of directors
* Short presentation on the House rules concerning the Board of Directors Election and Vote on these rules
* Announcement of the set-up of the 2010 Election Committee
* Election of the new Board of Directors
7. Further communications on the Association
CALL FOR CANDIDATES FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
One of the main points on the agenda of the General Assembly meeting is the election of a new Board of Directors. The election committee hereby calls upon candidates for the Board of Directors positions to register themselves by filling in the Board of Directors Candidate Registration Form that can be found on the www.iscramlive.org website as from April 5 2010:
Eligible candidates must be paying members of the Association. For registration as a member of the International Association for the Study of Information Systems for Crisis Response And Management, see the Membership Registration Form on www.iscramlive.org:
Registered ISCRAM members can register as candidate for the board until April 24th, 24:00 CET.
The current Board of Directors of the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR CRISIS RESPONSE AND MANAGEMENT consists of the following members:
Dr. Bartel Van de Walle (chair), drs. Paul Burghardt, Dr. Song Yan, Dr. Frank Fiedrich, Dr. Suzanne Jul, Dr. Jonas Landgren, Dr. Simon French, and Dr. Murray Turoff.
The current board will be expanded to 10 members, or two additional positions. One third of the current board will step down, or three members. As such, there will in total be 5 electable positions for the new Board.
May I kindly request to distribute this public announcement to anyone who may be interested.
Bartel Van de Walle
chairman of the ISCRAM Board