From early-warning systems to preparedness and training
8th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management
May 8-11 2011
LNEC Congress Centre
DEADLINE EXTENSION TO JANUARY 5 2011 FOR ALL CATEGORIES OF PAPERS
Each year, ISCRAM brings together top researchers and practitioners working in the area of information systems and crisis management. The conference provides an excellent opportunity to exchange information and knowledge on new research and best practices with a diverse group of colleagues. In 2011, ISCRAM will be held in the vibrant city of Lisbon, Portugal.
:: SUBMISSIONS ::
ISCRAM 2011 welcomes papers covering all aspects of information systems for crisis response and management. Representative areas include the following:
- Early warning and alert systems
- Planning and foresight
- Education and training
- Analytical Information systems
- Advanced research methods and unconventional results
- Social media and collaborative systems
- Information Systems Interop Standards
- Intelligent systems
- Geographic information science and crisis management
- Humanitarian challenges
- Command and control studies
- Emergency management and its impact on health systems
- Observation and prediction of environmental change in the era of ëcollaboratoriesí
- User centered design process for emergency management information systems: methodology, case studies and results
- Open track (including risk perception, analysis and management; human-computer interaction; and decision analysis and technologies)
*Other types of submissions
We welcome proposals for workshops (pre-conference) and panels, for sessions that highlight collaborations between industry and academia, and for sessions that encourage creative forms of interaction between session participants and attendees. There are also be opportunities for submitting work-in-progress papers, practitioner papers, and demonstrations.
If you are interested in helping to organize a track in one of the above areas (or wish to propose a track in a different area), please contact either of the program co-chairs at the address below.
:: KEY DATES ::
- January 5 2010 (NEW DEADLINE) – Submission of full research papers, work-in-progress papers and practitioner papers
- 15 January 2011 – Submission of proposals for demonstrations and Posters
- 01 February 2011 – Submission of applications for Doctoral Colloquium
- 23rd February 2011 – Notification of acceptance for all categories (full research papers, work-in-progress, practitioner papers, demonstrations and posters).
- 23 March 2011: Submission of revised, camera-ready work-in-progress/short papers and practitioner papers; notification of acceptance for Doctoral Colloquium and demonstrations.
- 23 March 2011: Deadline for early registration.
- 23 March 2011: Deadline for registration of authors of accepted papers and posters.
:: PROGRAM ::
ISCRAM 2011 will include pre-conference workshops, keynote addresses, presentations of papers, and ongoing demonstrations of leading-edge technologies. Doctoral students are encouraged to consider participating in the Doctoral Colloquium. Prizes are given for best conference paper and best student-led paper.
:: PROCEEDINGS ::
All submissions will be peer reviewed. A digital copy of the proceedings will be included with conference registration.
:: FURTHER INFORMATION ::
Instructions for preparing and submitting contributions to the conference, as well as further information on the conference itself, can be found on the conference website:
Questions should be directed to either of the program committee co-chairs at the addresses below.
:: ORGANIZING COMMITTEE ::
Maria A. Santos (Conference Chair), National Civil Engineering Laboratory, Portugal
Julie Dugdale (Program Co-chair), Grenoble University, France (firstname.lastname@example.org)
David Mendonca (Program Co-chair), New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA (email@example.com)