We are excited to invite bids to host the ISCRAM 2025 Conference.
ISCRAM 2025 will be the 22nd International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM). The board wishes to invite people and organizations that are interested in organizing the event to reply to this call for interest by March 1st, 2023.
The proposed ISCRAM 2025 conference should be in the Americas and take place in the last two weeks of May 2025.
ISCRAM has grown from an attendance of 72 people in 2004 to an average of approximately 200 participants over the last four years. The conference is a three-day event (Monday to Wednesday), preceded by a day of doctoral colloquium, workshops, and tutorials on the Sunday. To encourage networking, ISCRAM conferences offer a range of social events.
The ISCRAM Conference strives for excellent submissions in all fields related to ISCRAM topics. ISCRAM papers are published in open-source proceedings that are indexed by Scopus. To ensure highest quality, target acceptance rates for long research papers should not exceed 35%. We also encourage submission of work-in-progress and practitioner papers reflecting the state of the art and presenting topics relevant in practice. Paper submissions are complemented by workshops, tutorials, demos and panels.
If you are interested in hosting ISCRAM 2025, please:
- By March 1st, 2023, send a notification of intent to Rob Grace (iscram.events[at]gmail.com), ISCRAM Events Committee co-chair, saying, for example: “I, <name>, <affiliation> confirm, as a point of contact for my organization, that we have the intention of preparing a proposal for organizing the ISCRAM 2025 conference.” Please include your contact information.
- By sending your notification of intent, you are stating that you are willing to prepare a proposal within the timeframe set out below.
If you have any questions, please contact Rob Grace (iscram.events[at]gmail.com). To find out more about ISCRAM Events, please visit our website: http://www.iscram.org
Bid Review Process
Based on the received notifications, the ISCRAM Board will decide to officially invite candidate organizers to submit a complete proposal. Invited candidates will be provided with a bid manual and an ISCRAM liaison person will assist you and your team through all phases of the bid preparation and review process.
This process continues as follows:
- Completed proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of ISCRAM members that have no conflict of interest with the bids. The selection committee will provide a recommendation to the ISCRAM Board.
- The ISCRAM Board makes a final decision based on the committee’s recommendations. All candidates will then be notified of the decision and receive feedback on their proposal.
- The selected organization and venue will be announced and introduced at the ISCRAM 2024 Conference in May 2024.
- At least one representative of the selected organizing committee is expected to attend the ISCRAM 2024 conference to present the conference to attendees and meet with the ISCRAM Board – he or she should be an ISCRAM member at that time.
– Call for interest published for hosting ISCRAM 2025: 1 Dec 2022
– Deadline for emailing notification of intent to submit a proposal: 1 Mar 2023
– Official invitation from ISCRAM Board to submit a proposal: 1 Apr 2023
– Deadline for the submission of completed proposals: 1 Oct 2023
– Selection of ISCRAM 2025 host and venue: 1 Nov 2023
– Announcement at the General Assembly of ISCRAM 2024: May 2024